Saturday, January 10, 2009

Pak Su Man & Love For The Family

Date : 1o January 2009,
Blog time: 2345


Good evening everyone!! My name is Abdul Rahman Bin Ibrahim, age 51 oing 52 this year... My wife address me affectionately as 'ABANG', & the children refer to me lovingly as 'AYAH' . To the nieces & nephews, I am 'PAK SU MAN'.





Tonite I have created history for MYSELF becos I have just signed up as a BLOGGER
..
...Horeeee....!!
I have my 3rd son NABIL AIZAT to thank, for his encouragement.
Thank Q anak ku ...!! ("my son = anak ku" in Malaysian Language).



Anyway, here r the rest of my family....


This is Tengku Zarina,
my loving wife.











My joyfull & energetic sons ....
(fr Left) Nabil Aizat, Danial Aizat & Amin Aizat













And my cute & lovely
daughter, Zalikha Aliah











A long time ago ...
the year was 1974....
and the month was 01 September 1957.....

I received a birthday card from a close friend, with beautiful poetic inscription.
The words moved my heart so much that I took great effort to carve them in stone ... deep in my heart.


Allow me to share this beautiful poem with u:

SPEAK,
with a little SOFTNESS, in the words that you TALK.... &

SPREAD,
a little KINDNESS, along the PATH that you WALK......

The path,
that you walk... &
the words that you talk....
may not mean much to you -

But to someone else...
The path that you walk...&
the words that you talk...
may bring cheers....
or sooth many pains......


Today, I would like to remind myself again, that I can always touch the life of others ....
with simple & meaningful acts of kindness, or even with a simple act of listening...
.............................................and it has to start with my FAMILY...
Maybe this short story will remind me of the path.....



Dearest Mom...I love u....



I ran into a stranger as he passed by,
"Oh excuse me please" was my reply.


He said, "Please excuse me too;

I wasn't watching for you."


We were very polite, this stranger and I.

We went on our way and we said goodbye.


But at home a different story is told,

How we treat our loved ones, young and old.

Later that day, cooking the evening meal,
My son stood beside me very still.


When I turned, I nearly knocked him down.

"Move out of the way," I said with a frown.


He walked away, his little heart broken.

I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken.


While I lay awake in bed,

God's still small voice came to me and said,


"While dealing with a stranger,
common courtesy you use,
but the family you love,you seem to abuse.


Go and look on the kitchen floor.
You'll find some flowers there by the door.


Those are the flowers he brought for you. He picked them himself; pink, yellow & blue.

He picked them himself: pink, yellow and blue.

He stood very quietly not to spoil the surprise,

you never saw the tears that filled his little eyes.


By this time, I felt very small,

And now my tears began to fall.


I quietly went and knelt by his bed;

"Wake up, little one, wake up," I said.


"Are these the flowers you picked for me?"

He smiled, "I found 'em, out by the tree.


I picked 'em because they're pretty like you.

"I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue."


I said, "Son, I'm very sorry for the way I acted today;

"I shouldn't have yelled at you that way."

He said, "Oh , Mom, that's ok...I love you anyway"

I said, "Son, I love you too,
and I do like the flowers, especially the blue."


Are you aware that if we die tomorrow, everybody will forget us in a matter of days.
But the family we left behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives.

we pour ourselves more

into our work

into others....

More than into our own family,
an unwise investment indeed,

don't you think?

So, what is the moral of the story...?

Do you know what the word FAMILY means?

(F)ther (A)and(M)other (I) (L)ove (Y)ou


GOOD NITE

Blog off time: 0228 hrs,

Date: 11 january 2009







6 comments:

Hidup KOKA said...

well written...
Thanks for reminding me about my late mom! Al fatihah!

Nabil Aizat Abdul Rahman said...

Your welcome ayah..I am honored...I hope u will have a great time blogging-expressing your mind and soul..

Pak Su Man MAS said...

Thanx hidup KOKA...Al fatihah & my do'a for your late mom.

Pak Su Man MAS said...

The pleasure is mine anak ku....
happy blogging!!

Unknown said...

hai uncle. wah dah ada blog!

Anonymous said...

Thanx Iz....
Still learning how to type using more than just 2 fingers....
Uncle slow ckit when I type...hahaha...I'm getting younger but my fingers are getting older...Cheers!!